Setting the Standard for Golf and the Environment with Audubon International
In the early 2000s, nonprofit Audubon International led what was at the time the leading environmental certification program for golf courses, with thousands of courses across the United States and internationally either certified or pursuing certification. As staff ecologist for the program, IPA Founder Peter Bronski consulted with golf courses on their environmental management program, including focuses on wildlife and habitat management, water conservation and quality, and chemical/pesticide use reduction and safety. He was integrally involved with member communications and spoke as a subject matter expert for organizations including the United States Golf Association, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, Philadelphia Water Department, Maine Department of Environmental Protection, and Royal Spanish Golf Federation. He also spearheaded partnerships with Spanish-language trade publications, in order to better expand the program throughout Latin America.
What We Did
- Member Communications
- Editorial / Content Marketing
- Media Relations
- Industry Events & Partnerships
- Retained market position as the leading environmental certification program for golf courses.
- Strengthened partnerships with major industry trade organizations, including the United States Golf Association, Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, Club Managers Association of America, and others.
- Successfully expanded the program into Latin America through Spanish-language trade media partnerships.